Trade Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The terms set out in this Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) shall apply to the service (“Service”) we provide to repair your smartphone, tablet, computer or gadget (“Device”) provided by You to Us, and any new part (“Part”) installed by Us. References to “us”, “we”, “our” and “Boost” refer to DK Business Holdings Limited trading as Boost Gadgets; and references to “you” and “your” are references to you (“Customer”), the person who has contracted our Service.
Terms for All Repairs
- This Agreement shall commence from the date your Device arrives with us and shall continue until we have repaired or otherwise returned your Device, whichever is sooner, and received any payment due from you.
- We will make reasonable efforts to repair your Device subject to the availability of any parts required and/or the terms of any relevant guarantee or warranty. We shall perform the Service using our utmost care and skill.
- We offer both high-quality after-market and OEM (genuine) parts for the repairs of your device. Where required, provision of the appropriate part will be discussed with you if your order is placed over email or phone. If your order is placed on our website, the part detailed on your online order will be used.
- We may perform a series of tests when booking a Device in for repair. It is recommended that all devices sent to us are factory reset and all passcodes, access locks and remote accounts (eg; iCloud/FMIP, Google account, etc) are removed to ensure the security of the data held on the device and allow us to carry out our full pre-repair diagnostics tests. If the device is not testable during this stage due to the presence of a lock such as those mentioned above, Boost may request the relevant passcode/pin to gain access to the device. Should you prefer to keep this information private, We may still proceed with the Service, but may not be able to perform a full functional check on the Device after the Service has been completed.
- Any time estimate for completion of the Service, which may be given to you, is an estimate only and does not form any obligation under the terms of this Agreement. We will aim to return your Device as soon as reasonably possible.
- If we are unable to complete the Service for any reason, or the Service will incur further costs payable by you beyond that initially estimated by us, we will notify you immediately via telephone and/or email. If no fault is found on your Device or you do not accept our revised estimate, we will return your Device to you unrepaired and we reserve the right to charge you a diagnostic fee in accordance with Our standard charges.
- In order to complete a diagnostic check or repair it may be necessary to disassemble the device, which may result in further damage to the device. Boost take no liability for any further damage caused to the device as a result of any existing damage. Boost will not cover the cost of replacement parts or provide compensation in any such circumstances including if the device is not repairable.
- The cost of repair will be calculated where possible in accordance with our standard charges as published from time to time.
- We shall notify you when the Device has been repaired and is available for dispatch from our premises. Unless agreed in writing otherwise, all repairs must be paid for before the Device is returned. We reserve the right to keep possession of your Device until full payment for the Service has been received and will recycle your Device if payment is not received within 60 days from the day you were notified the Service was complete.
- Use of our Service may void the manufacturer’s warranty on the Device. If you would like to avoid this, then please take your Device directly to the manufacturer.
- Boost may install warranty seals following the repair. Any tampering of the seals will void the Boost warranty.
Specific Additional Terms for Polishing
- Our polishing service provides the following results:
- Surface-level scratches, marks and scuffs – 100% removed
- Deeper scratches which can be felt under a fingernail – Improved appearance and feel, full removal not guaranteed.
- Very deep scratches or chips/gauges - Generally unaffected by polishing and must be removed via our LCD refurbishment service instead.
- Devices received for polishing will have no diagnostics tests completed on them. All devices are assumed to be received with structurally sound displays and casings (no cracks, gaps or physical defects which could cause the polishing solution to enter the device). Boost does not accept liability for any damage caused to the device during polishing as a result of pre-existing physical damage or defects, whether noted by us or not prior to polishing. However, we do endeavour to inspect every device closely prior to polishing and will halt the process if we determine the device to be unfit for the Service.
- Our polishing service provides the following results:
Specific Additional Terms for Screen Refurbishment
- Please note that we only accept OEM Apple screens for refurbishment. Third-party “copy” screens will not be accepted. If you are unsure whether your device has an OEM or “copy” screen, please contact us in advance or refer to the guidance on our website.
- Screen refurbishment includes:
- New front glass
- New frame (where required)
- New adhesive seal (where required)
- General internal/external device clean
- Given the fragility of most OLED/LCD displays, it is impossible to guarantee a 100% success rate. However, by using the best techniques and machinery to minimise OLED/LCD damage, we are able to guarantee to return a minimum of 90% of screens in fully-refurbished condition*. Any screens that develop issues during the refurbishing process will be returned to the customer and no cost.
- We accept screens with broken glass, but the underlying digitizer and display must be in full working order. The screen must have no defects (dead pixels, flickering, discolouration, etc).
- In some cases, especially when a screen is severely scratched or smashed, underlying damage to the digitizer or display may not be evident until the glass has been removed. In the instance that this damage is discovered by us once the glass has been removed, we will pause the repair and discuss with the customer whether the repair should continue or the item should be returned as-is.
- In instances where the frame of the device has been damaged or mis-shaped due to heavy impact, the frame may need to be adjusted in order to carry out the glass refurbishment. This may carry an additional fee and risk to the rest of the device. We will contact you prior to carrying out the work if we feel this is necessary.
- *Any screens received with OLED/LCD displays that are already damaged or which appear to have been refurbished in the past by another party will not be considered under this guarantee.
Warranty on Repairs / Refurbishments
- Our repairs are covered by the Warranty Period outlined below unless agreed in writing otherwise:
- LCD refurbishment – Lifetime
- Shell swap – 12 months
- Battery replacement – 3 months
- All other repairs not included in the above – 12months
- Any repairs of services provided on devices which are found to have liquid damage at the time of repair – 3 months.
- The Warranty Period begins on the day the Device leaves our premises and ends after;
- 365 days (12 months),
- 180 days (6 months),
- 90 days (3 months),
- 30 days (1 month), respectively, have passed.
- To avoid any unnecessary confusion or delays, any warranty claims must be raised with us via phone or email prior to return.
- A like-for-like replacement part will be provided for any products returned and deemed as within warranty by us within 14 days from the day of receipt at our premises. If this is not possible, a full refund for the Service will be provided.
- For more detailed instructions on raising a warranty return, please review the ‘how to raise a return under warranty’ section.
- Our repairs are covered by the Warranty Period outlined below unless agreed in writing otherwise:
How to raise a return under warranty
- All repairs are covered under warranty for the Warranty Period shown in the ‘Warranty on Repairs / Refurbishments’ section.
- In order to make a return under warranty, we must be notified of the fault by email or phone within the Warranty Period.
- All faulty items must be received back to our premises within 14 days of notification having been sent to us.
- On receipt, faulty item(s) will be inspected. If the fault is replicated by us, and we deem the Device to be within the terms of our warranty we will:
- Install a like-for-like replacement part, or;
- Provide a full refund for the original cost of the Service for the faulty part.
- The Device will then be returned to the Customer.
- We aim for this to be within 14 days; however, delays may occur due to lack of availability of parts. In this instance, we will communicate the delay to you and keep you updated as we work to resolve the warranty claim.
- Any Devices received which are deemed not covered under warranty will be returned and additional costs may be levied to cover return postage.
Limitations on Warranty on Repairs / Refurbishments
- The Boost warranty only covers faults that arise with the part repaired/replaced within the relevant Warranty Period that are not deemed by us as faulty due to impact damage, liquid ingress or other device misuse.
- Devices received and repaired under warranty will not have their Warranty Period reset, and will instead remain on the Warranty Period provided with the original Service.
Preparation of goods prior to dispatch to us
- It is important to package your items properly before sending them to us. The below packaging guidelines are recommended to ensure your item is not damaged in transit on its way to our warehouse:
- Use padded envelopes for sharp edges or odd shapes.
- Make sure any outer containers are strong enough for their contents.
- Fragile items shouldn't touch either each other, or the side of the container.
- Fill out containers with cushioning material like bubble-wrap or polystyrene chips.
- Write a return address on the item.
- Put a contact name, address and telephone number inside.
- Seal securely with nylon or vinyl tape along all edges and openings.
- Flatten any sharp edge from staples or metal fastenings, and cover with tape.
- Use a 'FRAGILE' sticker, if necessary.
- We recommend backing-up and factory restoring all devices to factory settings before sending them to us. Any devices received that we discover to have data still present will be factory restored unless the presence of a user account prevents us from doing so, or a written agreement to the contrary is already in place.
Postage risk and reimbursement
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage to items in transit to us. Any damaged or missing items noted upon receipt at our warehouse will be notified to the sender immediately. We send all items via tracked and insured postal services. Delay, loss or damage to any items in postage from us to a customer will be handled by us as per the below:
Parcel is delayed
- An investigation will be raised with the delivering courier within one working day of us having been notified of the issue by the intended receiver. The goal of this investigation is to get the parcel moving again and delivered as soon as possible. If, during this investigation, it is determined that the parcel is missing, the terms in the ‘Parcel did not arrive’ section below will apply.
Parcel did not arrive
- An investigation will be raised with the delivering courier within one working day of us having been notified of the issue by the intended receiver. Upon the courier’s written acceptance of the parcel not having been delivered, the customer will be reimbursed for the value of the lost goods prior to refurbishment, plus the cost of any refurbishment works completed on them, up to a maximum of the compensation paid by the courier to Us. If the customer pays on account, the reimbursement value will be credited to the outstanding balance where possible.
- As proof of the value of the goods, purchase invoices may be required and must be provided to us on request. Failure to provide this documentation or any other documentation required by the courier to complete the investigation/claim may cause the courier to refuse to pay the full value of the claim – in this instance, we may not be able to provide full reimbursement.
Parcel arrived but one or more items missing/damaged
- An investigation will be raised with the delivering courier within one working day of us having been notified of the issue by the intended receiver. Upon the courier’s written acceptance of the damage having been caused in transit, the customer will be reimbursed for the cost of the damage. We will use our market knowledge to estimate this. The reimbursement value will be credited to the outstanding balance where possible.
- As proof of the damage to the goods, photographic evidence may be required by the courier and must be provided to us on request. It is strongly recommended that photos of any damage both to the box/parcel and the damage item(s) inside are taken immediately after the damage is discovered.
- As proof of the value of the goods, purchase invoices may be required and must be provided to us on request.
- Failure to provide the above-mentioned documentation or any other documentation required by the courier to complete the investigation/claim may cause the courier to refuse to pay the full value of the claim – in this instance, we may not be able to provide full reimbursement.
General limits and exclusions to reimbursements due to delay, loss or damage to items whilst in transit from us to a customer
- Some couriers do not allow investigations to be raised until a pre-determined period of time has passed since the parcel was last scanned or due to arrive. In any instance that this period has not yet passed, we will wait until the period has passed and raise the investigation at the earliest opportunity thereafter.
- We will not provide any reimbursement until a claim has been raised and approved by the delivering courier.
- We will not provide any reimbursement over the amount reimbursed to us by the courier following their acceptance of our claim.
- We do not accept any liability for claims cancelled or underpaid by the courier due to lack of documentation provided to us by the customer as requested by the courier during the claims process.
Limitation on our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed;
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses;
- loss of profits or opportunity;
- loss, corruption or damage to any of your data or media stored on a Device which you send to Us. We routinely wipe phone data for Devices sent to us and do not offer a data recover service;
- loss of any accessories (including memory cards or SIM cards) sent to us with a device;
- losses to non-customers
Changes to our terms
- We reserve the right to alter our terms and conditions, prices and any other part of our site at any time. Any alterations will be posted to our site.